It’s owners destroyed by the templars of the Stolen Faith, Altai keep has been abandoned for centuries. But new evidence suggests the masters of this frozen mountain castle have returned. The minotaur lords of Altai laid waste to a dozen villages before an army of templars managed to overthrow them. their return could mean the end of centuries of prosperity for the farmers living in these lands. it will take heroes of renown to travel to this imposing fortress, find out who or what has brought about their return, and stop it – provided they can first survive an encounter with some of the most feared creatures in all the land.
A Dungeon World Adventure
This is a adventure pack I wrote on Christmas eve for me to run in the new year. My group have been fighting in steamy jungles for a while now – time to go somewhere a bit colder. GMs: there’s lots of blanks to fill in for your players. If you think of a particularly good one, let me know.
Buy a copy from DriveThruRPG
The sand billows about you, obscuring the old road and making your eyes water. Ahead, the silhouette of the “fortunate city” looms. What will this venerable capital contain for you and your party – riches, fame and glory? Or corruption, scandal and death far from your home?
Shadows of Umberto is a framework for running Dungeon World adventures within, above, below and beyond an ancient city teetering on the brink of revolution. Will your party be heralds to a glorious new order, or help usher in the city’s demise? One way to find out…
- A wealth of information on the city of Umberto: it’s history, it’s peoples, what’s on offer, and who’s likely to want you dead.
- A introductory letter to get new campaigns started
- Three interlocking fronts, each representing a different faction striving to crush or conquer Umberto. Who will come out on top, and will the players be around to see it? PLUS: Two ‘encounter’ fronts, covering what might happen after your grim portents come to pass!
- New named hirelings, including – Milena, a magus with ambition; Hakiki an old crone who may be too helpful; and introducing your new best friend, Woof the dog!
- All the things you’ve come to expect from a classy Dungeon World adventure: new magic items, custom moves, monsters, and more!
- Two high-quality maps for your table: the city plan and the Iron Marches
Here’s something I used for the last couple of hangout games of World of Dungeons.
You stand at the gates of the once-majestic Palace of Heidelberg. Once a gothic masterpiece, it’s been destroyed and partially rebuilt a dozen times over the centuries. Each of you has a personal stake here (although the others may not know it yet.)
Download Palace Heidelberg | Dungeon World Adventure kit (pdf)
I wanted to introduce some kind of bonds system into our WoD play, so I came up with some adventure-specific ones (inspired by John Walton – specifically this post.) These worked pretty well, but I struggled to develop these in-game which meant they didn’t really live up to their potential.
I’ve run out of steam to develop this any further, but feel free to use them in your own games as you see fit.
Following a string of exciting adventures the watch insist on calling “crimes”, you have decided it might be a good idea to leave the country. To that end, you’ve secured passage across the sea…
Download your copy (pay-what-you-want) from DrivethruRPG
I’m on a boat! was my first ever Adventure PDF, and as popular as it’s been I knew it could do with a fresh lick of paint. So enjoy this free update! The design has been brought into line with my other adventure PDFs and I’ve expanded on the original content with more creatures, more loot and more maps.